Week two I worked on Monday and Wednesday.
Monday, September 20th, 2021 zoom meeting was at 9:00 am. We were instructed to continue working on the Assess@CUNY flyer. Our supervisor Isana gave us an example flyer that we were to recreate in our style. The updated flyer needed to include:
- Cuny assessment logo on the bottom of the flyer
- Cuny logo on the top
- Img across the top of the page
- Icons that relate to the titles / copy
- Try incorporating Cuny blue (experiment with blue color schemes)
We had to submit the updated versions by 12:30 pm for feedback.
Wednesday I started at 8:30 am. I was asked to pick up a day and complete a different assignment and provided at least two examples by 10:30 am. At 10:30, I ended up not being satisfied with my designs. I relayed that to Isana, shared what I did have and was given more time to work on the flyer.
Assignment two: Data Dashboard Flyer
- Hyperlink click here
- Use Brooklyn College Colors
- Consider including At a Glance and Ethnicity Graphics (provided) from Dashboard
From 11:30 am – 2:30 pm I was in class. When I touched base after class Isana provided feedback and suggested I make these changes:
- Try landscape flyer
- Not to Italicize the 1st line.
- Make the 2nd line the same size/weight as the first
- Increase date size in 2nd line and RSVP
Afterwards I updated the flyer a few more times. Isana and I were communicating via text since that was faster than email.
- Remove S on dashboard – no longer plural
- Remove commas after the dates
- RSVP should be updated to say: “prior to the workshop you wish to attend” (can make two lines)
- All caps click here
- Add th/nd after numbers
Overall I understood why each change needed to be made on the Dashboard flyer.
At the end of this week, we are still working on the Assess@CUNY flyer.