CARBON WALLPAPER

I watch through the casement, Birdless sky, moving clouds 

Then I heed dark fumes sailing toward the azure 

As if someone is scattering them to sail toward the azure.

Deadly heatwaves racing toward the city 

Except thee are looking above the sky and climbing without even flickering.

It’s lurking grim hunting the future days 

Sucking the days off of the shoulders of the lives 

Yet thee decided to glance away. 

Lethal fumes consuming thousands of lungs and oxygens 

Yet thee decided to glance away.

Breathe it, Breathe it out, keep going till the day of bedtime arises.

Mine it, elevate it, and burn it  

Glow the glass building of yours until you reach the paradise of yours.

But what about the lives of the future?

You answer me: “OH COM’ON”  

Bundles of paper sitting upon the desk begging to pay for black fumes,

Yet, they are busy reaching the height of the sky and never glancing down. 

You call me little yet your heart is too small to fit the burden of the collapsing future. 

We have one globe to live on, along “climate change” seems like a meme to you. 

Yet thee decided to glance away despite the crumbling sounds of the world.

Artist Statement:

Carbon Emission is an intriguing topic for me because people aren’t perceiving the importance of this issue due to these severe climate changes are spotted. This issue might not affect us currently but it might affect the future generation. Many people are working hard to save the planet but on the other hand, some are just disregarding the enormity of this issue despite witnessing so much chaos occurred due to this issue.  Watching devastating wildfires, shrinking ice sheets, etc… inspired me to research Carbon Pricing and going to the roots of this carbon footprint issue. I have chosen to write the importance of carbon pricing in a poem because the readers will try to understand the importance of the topic of Carbon emission and how it is a serious topic to discuss. Nonetheless, I choose to write to the firms such as Woods Mackenzie, Gujarat NRE, etc… who don’t look beyond their profits, and to those people who believe that Climate change is a myth such as Donald Trump. Greenhouse gas impacts that attribute to global warming and climate change. Though estimating carbon footprint is a way to assess one’s lifestyle’s environmental consequences. The main goal of this writing is the wake the sleeping humanity of these people because they might not care about the future generation but we can’t be held accountable for this significant issue despite the daily efforts some individuals make to preserve the only planet for humankind to live on. I have chosen to write a poem because I find poems to be very mysteriously meaningful. I have written the poem explains how much carbon emission affects the health and atmosphere of the earth, not only that but the big firms are neglecting and continuing to use more and more greenhouse gases without paying tax.Â