Oh boy where do I start? I have to say even though I always struggled with English class this time it was not as bad. Stuck my big toe in the water and was not bad. I laugh because when I transfer to City Tech the person that was helping me pick my classes they ask the simple questions   “What classes do you want to take?” “What do I need?” “Um Ms. Garcia did you take English 1101?” “Sorry it has been 10 years what is that?” “it is your first year of college English, seems like you took English 2 but not 1” I know one might question how did that happen? I don’t know but I am happy It did. It gave me the insight that I needed. I feel like a first timer in college. Also even though, we did not have a class per-say, I still was able to make friends in class. If I needed help I can shoot over an email or an instagram message and we were chatting. Aren’t those the best friendships the ones that are unexpected?

The website also did not catch my heart in the beginning because I am private, I do not want people to read my work. What if it is bad? are people going to judge me? but I warmed up to it because it is a judge-free zone. Compassion and empathy because you have no idea what it is to remove yourself from your comfort zone and say hello I am here as me. Some can do it but not many can. Thats okay. After reading about John Lewis and the James Baldwin documents, you need to be corrugation, we have a right to express ourself and learn– set provers for the ones that follow us. We also have to make those proud that made their good troubles for us. I always think about Mrs. Silvas my 5th grader teacher I spoke about in Unit 1. I think I would have made her proud, continuing to better myself and not stoping from making my own good troubles. I would never understand the 50 jumping jacks but I sure wouldn’t forget them. (haha)

Thank you Professor– Hope we meet one day in person through the halls.