Journal #8

This week has been so exciting and filled with wonderful memories; Gehang came down from New York to visit me. It was so nice to see a kind face from home. It took a long time but I was finally able to switch my schedule so that I had one day off to hang out with her. The first day we went to Hollywood Studios and Epcot which I thought was especially suitable for her because she had never been to it before and she loves traveling. Because we were visiting during food and wine fest, we got to go around the world and eat from every country. It was amazing to just be able to hang around and see her so happy. Going to the parks was definitely a change of pace considering I had been working for six days straight. The next day I had work in the morning so she came to visit me at work and then we got to go to Magic Kingdom and have a photoshoot. While it was super exhausting, I had a great two days with Gehang. In terms of work, things have been pretty stagnant. I am getting better at closing shops and working in the mornings but things are starting to become exhausting. Working 40+ hours a week and then going to classes on my day off is tiring and draining. Having Gehang around also made me realize how much I miss home and my friends but I also understand that I have a task to complete down here. As much as I miss home and my friends, I also understand that this is a learning experience and it will make me grow in the long run. As hard as work is, I still can’t get over the feeling that I get when I am able to make a guest happy, and for the most part theses are the things that get me through my day.