Weekly Journal #14

Personally, these last few weeks were not all that great but I’m doing much better now. I don’t think I’ve ever been this homesick and tired of mundane, stressful work but that is apart of the rollercoaster that has been this program. So a personal challenge has been keeping the magic alive and staying determined to not call out from work.

On the flipside, I’ve been feeling a lot more confident with my abilities at work, especially on cash register. I definitely enjoy it more than working in the shops. I’ve also gotten close to two leaders and a few coworkers and hopefully plan on staying connected with them.

I’m really glad there are nice, down to earth guests who stay at my resort location. I’ve had really good conversations and learned a lot about the places they’re from.

We’re getting a lot of first time guests and their big families for the holiday season. We’re also getting new CPs and part-timers.

Today I finally met up with Sam, Brittany and Gabby from City Tech. We’ve all been so busy so it was nice to hang with them again. 🙂

Hungry college students at Pollo Tropical

I’ve also been networking a lot more with hospitality majors. One of my leaders informed me that Jet Blue has their Flight Attendant training in Orlando and a coworker told me about a cruise line that seemed interesting.

I was not able to see every pavilion at Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival but I was surprised that they have a Festival of the Holidays. It’s really enjoyable. 🙂

Festival of the Holidays passport next to the moon

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.