Journal #7

This week has honestly been a great challenge for me. So many things have happened in the last week. One of our leaders named Cara has officially moved to Disney’s Hawaii location. I did not get to know her for very long but she was really sweet and helpful. Because our resort location has been low on staff, we have had a couple of EHH cp’s pick up shifts at our location and because we haven’t had enough trainers and leaders at our location, they haven’t been properly trained in closing. I have been working mornings all of this week which has been pleasant because i’ve had the rest of my days off; however, switching back to nights has posed a challenge in closing because there are so many things to do that you eventually forget something.

On Tuesday night, I had one of the toughest nights of all. The circumstances were: we had a shortage of CP’s, we had 4 Typhoon Lagoon recruits that were not trained in any of the stations, and we had a leader who mostly worked mornings doing a closing shift. Honestly, Tuesday night was a nightmare. Closing the bakery station takes a lot of effort and time as it is and should normally get done in the expand of three hours, but because I was alone on this station, I had to handle orders and clean up all at the same time. This posed as a major challenge especially because even though I have been working for two months now, I still struggle to get everything done on time even with the added help. On this particular night I felt so overwhelmed by the idea of closing this station by myself which made everything a lot more daunting. At about 15 minutes before closing, one of my coordinators comes up to me and asks me to help the people on Beverage Island close. I made her aware of the fact that I may not be able to considering I was already behind on my station but that I would try to help out as best as I could. It was 15 minutes after closing and I was washing down some my shoes when I watched my coordinator leave.

Since she asked me to help, I went to check up on Beverage Island and when I got there it was a complete disaster. Beverage Island has a lot tasks that need to get done. We have to stock everything, clean 8 soda machines, 2 cream machines, 4 coffee machines, 2 hot chocolate machines and deep clean the drainage. For this reason we are given 3- 4 hours to clean everything. When I got there, the EHH cps had barely started cleaning the soda machines. At this point in the night I wanted to just walk out and leave it to my leaders; unfortunately, I couldn’t do that. It was 12:50 am, I was supposed to clock out at 12:30; with no leaders or managers in sight, I had to take on the task of helping these cps close. It was honestly crazy. We ended up finishing at 1:30 am. Our bus did not show up at all. All in all, I got home at 2:40 in the morning. After this day it felt like I could do anything in the world. Honestly this scares me for the cp gap but im sure that I can get through it.