Read and React #1

I personally enjoyed all the days we had traditions. It felt like they really took the time to explain the Disney culture and expectations so it took a lot of the tension off. I can see lots of similarities between these two companies; both take the time to explain their expectations and encourage employees to share the same perspectives as their guests. After visiting the parks and resorts as a guest and not just a cast member, I understand why people choose to come back to Disney and share their life’s “magical moments” here.

I can’t say I always have the four keys and five core principles of my work location in mind but those little cards they hand out to us and pamphlets they provide that give information about the parks shows just how much effort they put into creating the “magic backstage” as well.

Things like picking up the trash on the ground and remembering that I’m just playing a role “onstage” goes back to traditions. What sticks out the most is just how rare this training effort is. I can see why cast members choose to stay with Disney.

This entry was posted in Read and React 1. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Read and React #1

1. As you become more comfortable in your role the keys and core principles will become second nature. You do not always need to think about them but you should be able to execute them at a moment’s notice. Which have our leaders emphasized? Which are easiest to execute for you? What is your role?