Weekly Journal #3

Week 3 is over and I finally ripped off the “earning my ears” sticker from my nametag… it feel great! I trained for 5 days with 3 different trainers. Every trainer had a different way of doing things, which I think benefited me tremendously. It makes me look situations from different perspectives.

My first trainer, Haedline is a sweet older woman. I had the 5am shift with her. The early mornings were quite calm, so I was fortunate to have her on my first day of training. It gave me some time to play with the system and explore everything on our computer. By about 10am the front desk started to pick up. I’ve come to learn that on a guests last day, they like to check-out early so they can spend their day in the park before the Magical Express comes to pick them up. What guests don’t realize is that if they have a credit card on file, they have opted for “express check-out” so they don’t even need to stop by the front desk. Guests are able to vacate their room anytime before 11am and they will automatically become checked-out. This made the check-out line go quite quickly. When guests came up to my podium, I would see that most of the time they have already opted for “express check-out” so I didn’t have to click anything. I just handed them some mickey stickers and sent them on their way!

On my first day off from training I went to Animal Kingdom to go on a safari.

My other two trainers, Emerie & Ty both had night shifts. I like having both morning & night training shifts. I enjoyed seeing all day production from 5am to midnight. It showed me what to expect at different times of the day.

The night shifts were a little busier, but I enjoyed them a lot more! The night shifts consisted mostly of check-in’s and complaints about rooms. I seem to to have the check-in process down to a “T”. I check them in, give them a spiel about the dining plan (if they are on it) and then draw on a map where their room is in our resort.

I tried Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs

I do have to say out of all of the tasks I do at the front desk, my favorite has to be writing on BUTTONS for our guests. The guests get so excited for buttons! Anniverseries, birthdays, 1st time, or celebrations! I always add little mickey’s all over the buttons! The guests seem to love that.

I stopped by Port Orleans French Quarters to pick up some delicious Mickey Beignets. A friend of my from my past program made them for me. It was delicious.

I stopped by Port Orleans French Quarters to pick up some delicious Mickey Beignets. A friend from my past program made them for me. It was delicious.

Overall, my week 3 has gone pretty smoothly. I am a little nervous about being on my own next week, but I think I should be fine. Looking forward to week 4!

I took my roommates to Epcot for the first time. Fellow colleagues Gabriela and Brittany tagged along as well with their roommates.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.