Weekly Journal #4

Living with my roommates this past week has been less than ideal but it has not stopped me from having fun and enjoying my program. I think this roommate experience will be a great lesson to learn from and take with both in the workplace and life. Not everyone you meet will be your best buddy but life goes on anyway. Don’t be ashamed of the boundaries you set.

selfie of me during a boat ride at Disney Springs

photo of me and a cast member dressed in Mardi Gras get up. His name is Jim. You can find him at Port Orleans French Quarter

It’s still a challenge balancing life, fun and shopping along with other responsibilities because I don’t have a car (and the sun in Florida is doing too much lol) but I think I’ve been managing pretty well. I’m happy I made the one month mark!

I think I mentioned already that my leaders at work are really nice and helpful and understanding.

I’m also taking the time to try and meet up with other CPs I talked to online before I moved to Florida. Yesterday I hung out with Connie at Magic Kingdom. She was raised in Florida:

photo of me and a fellow cast member/CP on Prince Charming’s Carousel at Magic Kingdom

Classes start in about 2 more weeks and I honestly cannot wait. I’m excited to meet other people.

My hours at work have been steady (long) but this week I’m working 7 days straight. I started training on the cash register…It was as nerve wracking as I thought it would be but my trainees were really patient. I’m not completely comfortable doing it but I understand why they wanted to train me and I did learn new things. Let’s see how it goes this week!

One of the biggest things I have been excited about is meeting more aspiring flight attendants and artists. Connie is a photographer/cosplayer/seamstress and has a sister who is FA. Another friend I made, Astrid who lives off housing property has a friend who is a flight attendant as well, and a new friend I made at work, Nina wants to be a FA too.

Highlight of my week: eating breakfast at Be Our Guest in Magic Kingdom. I was so blown away.

view of a room at the Be Our Guest restaurant in Magic Kingdom. It’s a replica of the “tale as old as time” scene in the animated movie.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Weekly Journal #4

1. Jason Y. says:

Living with strangers is definitely a hard thing to do since everyone grew up in different environments. Just make sure to handle yourself properly as roommates have the power to vote people out of the dorm if the person is deemed to cause harm to everyone. (not to scare you or anything, just in case things escalate don’t hesitate to speak with housing.) I am very glad to hear that you are making friends because honestly, Disney Friends are a special kind of people!

2. What adventures you had this week. Try to keep communication open with your roommates, it will help avoid the escalation that Jason refers too. Sometimes it happens but try to be the one to calm matters, it is not easy but it is possible. I like that you are seeking out people to meet, you will find success that way.