Weekly Journal #1

I have officially completed the first week of my college program, everything is going well so far, and I am enjoying every moment. I landed in Florida on August 18, since I already have family members who live in Orlando everything was pretty much convenient for me. I was able to stay with my older cousin and I finally got to meet both of my baby cousins which one is a newborn. Within those days I got to spend quality time with a few of my family members that I haven’t seen in a while and which it was something I was looking forward to before my check-in day.

Once check-in day finally arrived, everything felt so unreal to me I still couldn’t believe I will be moving into the Commons Apartment Complex, which by the way was my first choice. As soon as I received my program guide with my key taped to the back of it, I automatically realized the fine bold black print, “Commons 1-Bedroom 3-person” and I wasn’t too satisfied with this at all. I chose to do random roommates, but I wasn’t too sure if I had 1-Bedroom 3 person on my top list. As soon as I arrived inside my apartment to my surprised both of my roommates were already there in the bedroom before me and this was when we all greeted each other. Since Angela had got there first she picked the single bed and Natalie and I came to an agreement on which one of us will take the top or the bottom bunk. It worked out for me since I had a terrible experience as a child sleeping on the top bunk, so I chose the bottom and Natalie was perfectly fine with having the top bunk. Although at first, I wasn’t too satisfied with having a 1-bedroom 3-person apartment everything is going well so far, I am getting along with my roommates and now we all have adjusted to our room.

I was able to have a few days to myself and get everything situated in my apartment. On August 25th, I had traditions and that’s when I received my blue I.D which means I get to visit all the Disney parks for free, receive discounts in certain stores and restaurants. I also received my Mickey ears which I was thrilled about and the instructors surprised us with Mickey visiting my tradition session class. On August 26th, it was my first day of training for Operations at Disney University. I’ve learned important factors about the Disney company that keeps their company flowing such as the four keys, the Disney language, etc. I look forward to the 4 months of being here, I can learn more about myself and take advantage of the great opportunities I will encounter!

1 Response to Weekly Journal #1

1. There is so much that happens in the first few days after arrival, it is good that you were able to use open communication to decide who your room would be situated.