Mascot Revisions and New Drafts

Week 9: 3/26/2023–4/1/2023 | Featured Image by Vivian Li

text-to-speech

For this week, I returned to working on the mascots project once again. Although I initially believed that I had finished the project, the mentor who I had ultimately handed off the deliverables to had reached out to both the client and myself. He informed that it might be worth producing a version of the mascots flipped horizontally so that posters and monitors that would feature the graphic may be designed prioritizing the hierarchy of the type rather than prioritizing the placement of the image. He had also suggested additional edits to one of the poses for the mascot so that text may be incorporated superimposed onto the banner (see featured image).

At the same time, I began working on drafts for the new client. For this project, I was initially instructed to produce three concepts for the poster so that I can establish branding. However, I was later contacted by the client and asked to prioritize working on the digital monitors because she wanted to have the event advertised to students before Spring Break ends. I communicated with her that doing so should be of no issue as I can easily translate the work I have done thus far for the poster design to the design of the vertical monitor slide. The work was then submitted to my mentor for review, and I was informed that all three designs were strong. Small adjustments were made in terms of hierarchy.

At the moment, I have submitted the designs to the client, and I am currently awaiting for feedback.