New and Current Projects: Producing and Finalizing Deliverables

Week 8: 3/19/2023–3/25/2023 | Featured Image by Vivian Li

text-to-speech

For this week, I met with my new client and my mentor over Zoom. This new project is to promote the accomplishments of highly motivated and recognized students through a conference that welcomes faculty and students alike. I will be producing the following deliverables for a virtual student academic conference:

• Poster (11×17 – printed and PDF)

• Banner for the City Tech website

• Horizontal digital display monitor (1920×1080)

• Vertical digital display monitor (1080×1920)

The client informed me that it would be her first time working together with the team, so she was unfamiliar with how the workflow of things would be. With my mentor’s guidance, I explained that I would work on establishing the branding of the event first by working on the poster. Three different options will be produced for the client to choose from. But before these are sent to the client, it would first need to be approved by my supervisor and mentor. As such, it was agreed that the drafts would be sent to the client by next Thursday latest.

For the mascot project that I am finishing up on, that client had requested that I make some minor changes to the mascot poses as well as illustrating an additional pose similar to Uncle Sam’s “We Want You” pose. I have decided that instead of scraping the initial pose I had sent in, I would create a variation of it and keep it in the finalized poses as both are still usable depending on the context. This project will next be handed off to another one of my mentors who specializes in typography. The mascot illustrations are to be used on posters for the college’s liberal arts department.