Prof. Jenna Spevack | COMD3504_D061 | FALL 2023 | Thurs 2:30pm

Discussion: Research Project Feedback

Add a comment here with a link to your Research Project & Presentation post (Example Post.). Give feedback to your classmates before next week to allow time for revision.

Review the Research Project & Presentation guidelines to ensure you are clear about the expectations. Specifically, take note of the requirements for Your Annotated Bibliography and Your Presentation Format.

If you have questions about putting together your presentation, don’t wait until the last minute. Post your questions here and/or contact me.

Print this page

1. Jennell T

Hey everyone I completed a draft of my research presentation and uploaded it to Vimeo. There’s some awkward pauses here and there, but I am open to all feedback. Or if you have any questions let me know!

Here’s the Link: JT’s Video Project

• Jennell T

*Also, I still have to add captions. I’ll have them added by Thursday

• SarahJane Hayward

This is super well done and informative! I think you did an excellent job of analyzing the visual styles you presented and connecting them with the historical context. Personally I sometimes struggle to listen and read at the same time so the one suggestion I have would be for the introduction slide, I think if you just had the timeline graphic and no body copy it might be easier to follow along. Other than that I think you did a really great job.

• Jennell T

Thank you so much! I was thinking of ways to make my slides less wordy so your suggestion is a great idea. I will implement that into my final presentation.

2. SarahJane Hayward

Hello! Here’s a link to my research project video. Im open to any and all feedback/suggestions you all might have.

Thank you 🙂

• Jennell T

I learned a lot about Biomimicry! Your arguments were set up well, you provided examples and/or explanations for the various topics you highlighted. The music added a nice touch and it goes well with your visual elements. There were some points that I had issues following along, for instance around the 1:30 mark when you start introducing the principles the information is presented kind of quickly. Besides this you’re video was was very enjoyable and on brand with your topic!

3. Jenna Spevack

Thanks, Jennell and SarahJane for getting this started!

Everyone, please provide feedback and support so your colleagues may improve their presentations before the end of the semester.