COMD3504 COMD Theory FA2023

active 1 week, 2 days ago
COMD3504 COMD Theory FA2023
Communication Design
COMD3504

An in-depth introduction to communication design theory, this course examines theoretical perspectives of design practice within the larger discourse of design and visual culture.

Communication models, the nature of representation, the dimensions of context, and semiotics are explored through critical readings in key documents from the early decades of the twentieth century to the present.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Jenna Spevack

View the course(s) that this course is based on. This course has been cloned or re-cloned 1 time; view clone(s).

Recent Announcements

Profile picture of Jenna Spevack

Final Reminder: All Work Due Tomorrow 12/20/23

Posted by: Jenna Spevack
Posted on: December 19, 2023 at 11:29 pm

Hello all,

Just a final reminder to please add any remaining posts and comments to the class site. If you're unsure what work you may be missing, see the Assignments list and Weekly Agendas for details.

If you haven't completed your Grade Survey, please do that ASAP and reach out if you have any questions or concerns about your final grade.

Wishing you a wonderful and relaxing break! I… See More

Profile picture of Jenna Spevack

Please arrive on time for Library Workshop today!

Posted by: Jenna Spevack
Posted on: November 2, 2023 at 12:50 pm

Hello all,

Today Prof. Monica Berger from the City Tech Library will be giving us a workshop on best research practices. Please be sure to arrive on time so we can get started promptly. Looking forward to seeing you!

All the best,

Jenna

Profile picture of Jenna Spevack

Week 4 To-Do Reminder

Posted by: Jenna Spevack
Posted on: September 27, 2023 at 10:34 am

Greetings!

Here's your weekly COMD3504 reminder. Please review the Week 4 Agenda, complete the tasks, and submit your checklist before our next meeting on Thursday/tomorrow.

In class we forgot to choose a new Art of Noticing prompt, but Jennell and I discussed after class and decided that this week we'd try to "practice 1 hour of digital silence." That means silence your phone and/or… See More

Congratulations!

freestocks.org Just a belated note to say congratulations on successfully wrapping up your […] See MoreCongratulations!

Abenezer Bereket Presentation

Presentation-Annotated-BibliographyDownload https://youtu.be/oHRBV7uasHc See MoreAbenezer Bereket Presentation

Research Project Presentation - NB

Album Cover Design and Audience Perception How does the design of album cover artwork […] See MoreResearch Project Presentation - NB

Comment on "Biomimicry In User Experience Design – SJH"

I really like your presentation, I think the topic is so interesting. Is something that I think […] See MoreComment on "Biomimicry In User Experience Design – SJH"

Comment on "Research Project-NH"

I like your idea of a magazine/journal for creatives. Focusing on self-care is important and […] See MoreComment on "Research Project-NH"

Comment on "Research Project Presentation – LBM"

Great presentation! I like how you matched your presentation aesthetic to a 70's aesthetic […] See MoreComment on "Research Project Presentation – LBM"