Before our next asynchronous session, please upload an image for your OpenLab Avatar. Because this OpenLab site is our main form of communication and interaction with each other, seeing images instead of identical default icons makes this class feel more like, well….a class! And yes, if you already have a unique image, you have already done this session’s activity unless you wish to change it.

You can use:

• a lovely, funny, or quirky image of yourself as your peers Awa, Mia, Lubna, and Richard have already done.
  • an image or avatar that you like or design
  • you can even draw a stick figure of yourself and post it as a jpeg.

Seriously, the avatar can be almost anything. But do also remember that this avatar will be associated with your account in all of your OpenLab groups until you change it again, so make sure it is appropriate.

To change your avatar:

• Log into the OpenLab
  • Go to My Profile (not My Portfolio, which also has a Profile)
  • Under the current default avatar, select Change Avatar and select an image or photo from your own device.

How will I check this on Thursday? I’ll go to our course site’s Member page and look at all of your images as a class. Looking forward to seeing you!

Note:  I recently changed my profile picture. It’s a picture of me and others on the Gowanus Canal on Oct. 1 at dawn reading the poetry of Marianne Moore, socially distanced of course. I’m wearing a pink life jacket in the front seat of the canoe on the right hand side, the canoer who obviously doesn’t know how to properly hold a paddle! When this picture was taken, the guy on the left wearing the black beret was the active reader facing the audience on the bridge. It was part of a Book End event associated with the Brooklyn Book Festival.