BUF 3500: Brand Image Marketing

Course Description:

Throughout this course, I immersed myself in the realm of building, measuring, and managing brands, focusing keenly on visual literacy and the use of imagery in fashion branding. My exploration revolved around grasping how images communicate brand identity messages and how this construction shapes consumer behavior.

Given its writing-intensive nature, the bulk of our assessments, from assignments to exams, demanded written submissions evaluated for grammar, spelling, and content quality. The requirement was clear: all written tasks had to be computer-generated.

Upon completing the course, I emerged with the capacity to critically assess consumer perceptions, interpret semiotic signals across diverse cultures, recognize brand equity traits, and embark on re-branding endeavors for existing products. Our evaluation methods spanned class discussions, exams, a term paper, and an extensive branding project.

Beyond acquiring specific skills, the course aimed to instill in me a commitment to lifelong inquiry-based learning, the cultivation of critical thinking prowess, and an enhanced ability to gather, interpret, and apply information effectively. Anchoring our studies from the textbook “Fashion Brand Stories” by Joseph Hancock II.

Syllabus:

Course Work: