LiveWell Session 2

After completing session 1 of LiveWell, I decided to try healhier options. Pictured above is a smoothie bowl I made which consists of peach, mango, banana, coconut, blueberries and granola. In session 2 of LiveWell, it was interesting to look at the way I manage my nutrition and exercise in conjunction with stress.  My days are usually very busy which can be overwhelming so it’s difficult to think about healthier options or even think about finding a moment in my day to do something for myself. One thing I realized while going through the session is that it’s important to have supportive people in my life who can motivate me and have a positive influence when it comes to healthy living. For myself, my fiance is the person who constantly reminds me to choose better options, take an afternoon walk or hit the gym even if it’s late at night. Her optimism keeps me going. Another thing I learned is that it’s important to find time for myself and do something I would enjoy. A game of basketball always over powers the stress for me. I now try to plan atleast one time during the week where I can go play and relieve my stresses that way. It truly helps because I’m in a better mood and I get exercise in at the same time.