Active Mind

I was sad to read the story behind the existence of Active Minds. It showed me that we are all vulnerable to any type of mental illness due to stress, anxiety and depression. Alison Malmon dedication to her brother’s cause was rewarded by bringing this awareness to many campuses across the nation. Based on their survey, suicide claims the lives of more than 1,100 college students each year. For this reason Active Minds created Send Silence Packing which is a nationally recognized traveling exhibition of donated backpacks representing college students lost to suicide each year. The program is designed to raise awareness about the incidence and impact of suicide, connect students to needed mental health resources, and inspire action for suicide prevention. At each exhibit of Send Silence Packing, backpacks are displayed in a high-traffic area of campus – like the campus quad – giving a visual representation of the scope of the problem and the number of victims. (active minds.org). I liked this idea the idea and I went on their website to request a display on our campus, but I found out that it is not free. I wonder Professor if you could do something about that??