A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

How To Write Meaningful Peer Response Praise

I actually liked this story because when we would go back to class a lot of classmates had a lot of things to say. It looks like this one really impacted others as a whole. Perhaps this took this one as something similar in there life style of maybe they took is a something relatable like ill take most stories on this term.

pg. 4 ” Think of a favorite food (I’m sure you have many, but pick one for now.).
Why do you like it? What can you say about that food that conveys why
that food is enjoyable to you? It is not enough, really, to say that you like
it “because it tastes good.” In this sense, good just becomes an empty word
that doesn’t really say anything.”

I didn’t know that this way you can start a meaning praise. Just the way he goes with saying that the word good becomes an empty word and it doesn’t really say anything about it. I guess in his sense you have to be more specific about the this you like and why do you like them not just say that you like it because its not saying much about it.

pg. 5 ” It is easy (and somewhat distracting!) to come up with details to describe the foods we like; but, what about writing we like? Why do we like
it? What does it mean to “like” an opening sentence, an image, an insight?”

Back to what I was saying in the last comment he tells us that its better to describe what we like instead of just saying that we like it. Doing that is not going to show much about or like and dislikes. I guess we just have to elaborate more with things.

pg. 5 ”  Are you a reader who likes detail in the form of facts and data—such
as a newspaper article about Dustin Pedroia’s injury, one that provides statistics showing how well the Red Sox play when he has been in the line-up
compared to their win-loss record without him?

This shows how you can take anything from anywhere and still be able to come up with a meaningful raise of your opinion. Giving options like getting them from the newspaper and other places.

1. Dr. Vivian Papp

Nelson, that is a good observation. We say things are “good” all the time, but what do we REALLY mean by that? Maybe we think pizza is good. But we might also think apples are good. Yet they are totally different, so there must be something special and unique about each one.