A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Time Capsule

Itā€™s finally the last weeks of the semester, and I noticed that I reached some of my goals. I gained confidence, started participating in more class discussions, and finally found my taste in style. At the beginning of the semester, I was terrified because this is my first year in college, and even though it is online, I still felt like I was in an actual classroom surrounded by people I donā€™t know. I broke out of my shell by speaking up and asking questions, and even starting a group chat for bio class. My writing has even improved, as well. Usually, when Iā€™m assigned an essay, I get very nervous because I know my writing isnā€™t as good as it ā€œshould beā€Ā  however, now I feel more confident in my work. The only struggle I may say I have is reaching a word count because I explain my thoughts in a few words instead of expanding on my views. One of my biggest accomplishments was creating a video of me talking which absolutely felt uncomfortable. I even changed my style and I find that it really suits me better. As for the spring semester I hope to continue to grow as a writer and fix minor grammatical mistakes I always tend to make and also, find a job because Iā€™ve been unemployed for a while now. I am glad that I decided to take this English class because not only has the professor been helpful but, my classmates have been as well!

1. Genesis

Great Job ! I think we all described it in this way , We talk about how we felt from the start and then mention NOW . Let me tell you I felt the same way even though it was not a classroom it felt hectic . The word count got me , You have a few words ? I have a lot sometimes I wish I can reduce them . For the Final Reflection mention your writing styles before you took this class and compare the results from NOW