Rab introduction – Farhana

My research question is: How has  the coronavirus affected travel? This topic interested me because when the pandemic hit, everything was shut down, putting a stop to travel. The pandemic was so serious that people didn’t go out, they stayed home, and they maintained 6 feet distance.  During this time, people traveled during the pandemic time wearing a mask on planes,buses ,trains, and other public transportation. That time if anyone is traveling outside the country they need to be  fully vaccinated because fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get covid. I already know that more travel destinations are now requiring travelers to present covid-19 test results for entry even for those who are fully vaccinated. I think it is important for people to know about traveling during the pandemic people want to slow down the spread of the virus and I think it will get worse otherwise. The covid – 19 pandemic brings travels to a standstill , casing massive job and revenue losses. I think this issues is going to affect people’s lives and the state of the world crisis affecting people’s lives, and has triggered a global economic crisis.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/10/19/travel/new-travel-rules.html?searchResultPosition=1

https://www.ustravel.org/toolkit/covid-19-travel-industry-research

1 thought on “Rab introduction – Farhana”

1. This is better! Good that you revised this proposal paragraph.

Here are some things to fix.

1. Where are the questions you will ask to guide your research? GO back and use the template paragraph starter. Here it is:

My research question is: How has the CV pandemic impacted and changed _________ (plug in your research question)? This topic interests me because ______________. (good solid explanation – 3 more sentences). I already know that ____________. (3 more sentences). THIS PART: Some points that I plan to explore and find out more about are _________ (at least 3 points).

2. You write: The pandemic was so serious that people didn’t go out, they stayed home, and they maintained 6 feet distance. During this time, people traveled during the pandemic time wearing a mask on planes,buses ,trains, and other public transportation. That time if anyone is traveling outside the country they need to be fully vaccinated because fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get covid. THIS IS CONFUSING TIMELINE HERE. At “that time” which was early in the pandemic there were NO vaccinations. So what are you saying here? You seemed to have jumped a whole year in time. Your proposal cover TOO much. Make your research question more specific.

Travel has changed a lot during the pandemic. Are you researching the latest changes in travel which would involve the vaccination requirements. Then you should say this clearly in your proposal.

Your Research question could be better stated: How has the coronavirus affected travel and WHAT ARE THE LATEST TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS?

Here is a good article for you