ENG1101CO Eng Comp Coreq, FA2021

active 14 hours, 19 minutes ago
ENG1101CO Eng Comp Coreq, FA2021
This Course Profile is PRIVATE, but the Course Site is OPEN to all visitors.
English
ENG1101Co

English 1101Co is a writing- intensive course designed to strengthen your composition skills. Writing a variety of essays, in addition to a research paper, will help you develop skills such as building an argument, adopting your writing for different needs and situations, interpreting and responding to a text, incorporating secondary source material effectively, and mastering the mechanics of quoting, citing, and documenting sources. The poems, short stories, essays, and newspaper articles we will read together are focused on New York City and urban issues. We will be reading pieces both for their inherent literary value and also as models of composition that you may employ in your writing assignments. Reflecting on your own experiences alongside these texts will ensure active discussion regarding communities, public space, urban art forms, education, class, race, gender, crime, gentrification, and other topics of debate.

Fanta

" I really hope you stay in school and succeed in life get the education me and your mother never […] See MoreFanta

Between two world's - Omar

Have you had the experience of living between two different worlds, perhaps each with its […] See MoreBetween two world's - Omar

Writing Task Mentor Quote- Justin

" I knew you could do it your just lazy" I remember when my father first said this to me I was […] See MoreWriting Task Mentor Quote- Justin

Asa: I copy here a part from the Assignment for Unit One essay. YOu can use this to think about […] See More

Amadou: I feel for you. Facing this kind of prejudice at a young age must be a painful […] See More

Dylan: You have the seeds of a good essay here, but you've done more of a SUMMARY. Now we need a […] See More