Pandemic Resilience–Dylan

Covid-19 has created many problems for everyone all across the world. During the pandemic I had to learn how to manage my time better, and how to work around the pandemic. When the pandemic first started i didn’t know what the future would be like, all i knew was that i didn’t want to go out. As time went on I felt like everyday was rinse and repeat. There wasn’t much to do as everything was closed down or businesses were only allowing a small amount of people within their business. There were many problems that came with the pandemic.

My coping strategy for my pandemic problem of being bored was switching what I did each day. There were things I had to do that were mandatory like school. I had made a plan to do something different each day. For instance I would go for a walk one day then the next day would watch netflix. I always had something different to do as each week went by. When NYC started to open up businesses I started to hang out with my friends again. Slowly as time went by I had more options on what I was going to do that day. What I learned about myself from the using strategy is that I grew comfortable with new things each day.

1 thought on “Pandemic Resilience–Dylan”

1. Dylan: You write: “When the pandemic first started i didn’t know what the future would be like, all i knew was that i didn’t want to go out. As time went on I felt like everyday was rinse and repeat.” I like your phrase “rinse and repeat.” Many people must have felt this boredom, uneventfulness, listlessness about life during this pandemic. I like your solution. I too have felt the need to change up my routine and to make every day things special — taking walks, watching a movie. Life seems much slower and maybe it’s a good thing — to learn to live slower and to appreciate the little moments in life–perhaps this is the new normal and that wouldn’t be a bad thing. Like seeing the mushrooms burgeoning out of the mud during my walk this morning. I hadn’t walked in a while and decided to push myself out of my blues and get out in nature. Seeing the greenery and the fallen leaves gave my eyes a much needed change of panorama. Then I came back into the house and felt more able to sit in front of this computer and do some work!

One thing you could do to build on this — can you describe one walk, or watching one movie and the effect on you. Did it energize you (as I describe for myself)? give you a new perspective? Just think about it. GOod work.