Reflection

After gathering the sources for my bibliography I found that they all contained several similarities to each other while also being different. A similarity would be how seeing as my topic was based on greek mythology, it was seen that there was always ethos being used along with some logos. They were also trying to inform us that greek mythology was not entirely myth, seeing as how it was a religion the greeks believed in and celebrated, and indicating the authors tone was informative. The sources also share the fact that they use greek mythology stories whether is was how it impacted the greeks and others, or what that story was about. One last similarity between all the sources would be how the authors state that the word ‘myth’ was something that should not be used since it was a religion that was celebrated and some events were seem to have been not entirely false. I’ve somewhat learned more about this topic one thing being the origin of greek mythology. I also learned that the authors sources I used wanted to inform their audience of greek mythology and open their eyes up on what it achieved and how it impacted/inspired many ideas. I would still like to learn how relevant it is today as a religion, what is greek mythology compared to other mythologies (did it inspire other mythologies, how did others who believed in those mythologies view the greeks, etc). Throughout writing this assignment I have learned a lot more about myself as a writer. Since this is the first time I’ve done an annotated bibliography I feel that I was able to carry over my experience from writing different types of papers and such over to this topic which helped me out. Although it was not entirely difficult I found that I kept running into blocks meaning what else should I say or write, especially when it sounds repetitive to me. Whenever I write and begin to sound repetitive I find myself wanting to stop or pausing in order to recollect myself and figure out what else I can say to sound unique and keep writing. That was one problem I had when writing the annotated bibliography. My strengths as a writer would be laying out what I will write beforehand. Before I write a paper I think about what I am going to write, how will I write it, and so on so forth. I always map out what I will do from beginning to end, and I find that to be my biggest strength when it comes to writing. Continuing to grow as I writer I would like to improve on creativeness and further developing what makes my writing stand out more than others. In order to make those changes come true would be to write more, read more, and just see what I can take and make into my own so I can see maybe what my style of writing is more likely to turn out to be. Overall, the annotated bibliography was fun to write, and this reflection has opened my eyes up to what I have learned, could have done different, as well as helping me to grow as a writer and what improvements I can make to make it possible to grow.

5 thoughts on “Reflection”

1. I found it very interesting that the word “myth” to the Greeks(author as well) felt like an insult and disrespectful to the religion. I learned that not all Greek mythology is to be considered false from a first glance since some of the writings are base on truths/facts.

2. I found it very interesting that the word “myth” to the Greeks(author as well) felt like an insult and disrespectful to the religion. I learned that not all Greek mythology is to be considered false from a first glance since some of the writings are base on truths/facts.

3. I found it interesting how Greek mythology was not entirely a myth and that it was a religion the Greeks believed in and celebrated. I learned that some of the events in these myths are not entirely false and may have some truth to them.