Week 13: Capitalism in China the End of Vietnam and Reagan
Please read the following overview of China
Think about the following regarding China
- What did Mao believe and how did this impact China?
- How did China’s economic policy change when Mao died?
- What aspects of Chinese culture have changed What aspects have remained the same?
Think about the following
- How did the Vietnam War end? And who was largely responsible for it?
- Was it a win or a loss for America in the Cold War?
“The United States severed diplomatic relations with Iran on April 7, 1980. This action was taken following the seizure by student militants of the American Embassy in Tehran and its staff on November 4, 1979, and the subsequent failure of the Iranian government to secure their release. The hostages eventually were released on January 20, 1981; however, diplomatic relations remain severed and Switzerland currently serves as the protecting power for U.S. interests in Iran” from the office of the Historian.
- How does the Crash Course in History help us understand the role of Iran in the Cold War?
- How did the revolution develop?
Ronald Reagan and the end of the Cold War
Please read the following pages:
- Who were Reagan Democrats? How did Reagan lure them to the Republican party?
- What were Reaganomics?