How do you think feminisam?

Recently I know that US is the only industrialized nation not to mandate paid leave for mothers of newborns. American women are currently entitled to 12 weeks unpaid leave. American men are entitled to noting.#he for she# #she for he#

I like this sentence of Emma Watson ” Feminism is about giving women choice. Feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women with. It’s about freedom, it’s about liberation, it’s about equality.”

12 thoughts on “How do you think feminisam?”

1. there is noting like feminism in this case after all the men are not the one that give birth they are not sick, so how will they get 12 weeks unpaid leave. is anything wrong with them? I personally don’t think it is proper to give them 12 weeks of unpaid leave, even if it is their wives.

2. When a family is expecting a new child, the FMLA provides equal leave for both the mother and father. Both or either covered parent may take 12 weeks for the birth of a newborn or the placement of an adopted or foster child. If both parents work in positions covered by the FMLA, they will both be entitled to leave for an expanding family. Mothers may also take leave for pregnancy-related health reasons. The father may take his allotted leave to help raise the child. However, I don’t find it to be necessary for the husband. I am for the wife for have 12 weeks but I believe the husbands should have 3 weeks. Just to help the wife by letting her rest and taking care of the child till the mother is feeling better,

3. The man deserve to take maternal leave if he lives with her and he is going to support her. Maybe the woman to should be required to sign an affidavit to confirm that the husband or partner and he will be actually taking care of her.

4. Woman or man should be entitled to off time. I personally believe in equality. Yea the man does go through the whole birthing process but to say he shouldn’t be there during the formative years of his child’s life is just asking him to stay in his role. How many times have we seen men who didn’t even know how to change a diaper 3 months into his child’s life. Not mention all the other things he knew nothing about. The child should be raised by both parents, he should be able to relieve some pressure from the mother. Also, with such a short period of off days, it be great if they mother took her immediate 12 weeks and then the father take his after hers is over.

5. I believe that women who just given birth to a newborn child should be paid for maternal leave because having a newborn child can cost a lot, she needs to take care of the baby. Companies need new laws to achieve equality between men and women.

6. Feminism is about having equal rights, with that being said men and women should have the same number of paid maternity leave. The United States is really behind with the rest of the world with offering PAID leave to women. But when paid leave is mandated I think men should also be offered the same amount of leave as they should also help in taking care of the new baby. This will provide the mother with extra help that they would not have had if the father was at work.

1. I can totally agree with you…going from the state point where feminism is about equality between men and women what is applied for women should be automatically applied to men. I guess it makes more sense for women to benefit more in that case but we have to be fair when it comes to equality ✌

2. I can totally agree with you…going from the state point where feminism is about equality between men and women what is applied for women should be automatically applied to men. I guess it makes more sense for women to benefit more in that case but we have to be fair when it comes to equality ✌