Your feedback is very much appreciated!

We hope you had a very good semester and that you have learned a lot. We thank you for participating in this blog and we would appreciate your feedback. Please let us know how you feel about this blog by answering the following questions:

1. What is the most valuable thing you have learned in this blog?
  2. What did you like the most about the blog?
  3. How did this impact your course?
  4. Is there anything you don’t like about this blog? Why?
  5. What themes would you enjoy in a similar blog?
  6. Additional comments.

31 thoughts on “Your feedback is very much appreciated!”

1. 1) I say the most valuable thing I learned about this blog were information about the environment. For example, climate change and about snow flakes, etc.
    2) The thing I liked about the blog was seeing other people’s point of view and thoughts.
    3) This impact my course by not only learning math material but also topics that are going on around the world.
    4) So far nothing because it’s pretty easy to use.
    5) Anything as long as its interesting.
    6) No comment.

2. It was truly a great semester!
    1. The most valuable thing that I learned from this blog was all the topics related to getting rid of the snow like using beets for deicing etc and also I valued everyone’s input in all the topics. It was interesting to read what everyone else wrote.

2. I liked the community of this blog.

3. The way that this impacted my course was learning about topics from the chemistry course. I plan on doing chemistry next semester so I was glad for the little glimpse.

4. There is nothing I disliked.

5. The themes can be along the same lines and current events.

6. No additional comments.

3. What I think is the most valuable thing I learned is, all of the information and interesting topics I have read, for example, the article on Eclipses. I found it really interesting.
    What I liked most about this blog is, there are many interesting topics people think of. I liked the science post the most; the one with the helpful tips for winter.
    What impacted me is, this is a community of ideas that we all share and comment with our opinions and we are free to do so without judgment.
    I’m not too sure what I dislike about this blog. I don’t find any problems with using it.
    Not sure.
    No comment.

4. 1)What is the most valuable thing you have learned in this blog?
    Being able to learn the different things we all find interesting in the world of Science, whether it was DIYs to melt ice, or the different ways we humans affect the planet.

2)What did you like the most about the blog?
    That we all learned something new that perhaps we wouldn’t otherwise been aware of.

3)How did this impact your course?
    Knowing part of my grade was based on this blog was something I particularly enjoyed because even though it was still homework, you got to choose what to comment on, whatever was interesting to you, or maybe something you already had an opinion on and wanted to share with everyone else.

4)Is there anything you don’t like about this blog? Why?
    No, I find the blog to be good for its intended purpose.

5)What themes would you enjoy in a similar blog?
    I would like to see more about technology and science advancements.

5. 1.) the most valuable thing I learned from the blog was all the information about different topics that I read like social media and climate changes

2.) I liked the choice of which article to read and comment on

3.)it impacted my course because it counted towards my grade

4.) there is nothing I disliked it

5.) I would like to see more technology

6. What is the most valuable thing you have learned in this blog?
    – How to help each other, and get to know more people.
    What did you like the most about the blog?
    – The connection with other people.
    How did this impact your course?
    – It helped me to get 5 percent of my grade, by posting.
    Is there anything you don’t like about this blog? Why?
    – There is nothing wrong with this blog because everyone is helping each other.
    What themes would you enjoy in a similar blog?
    – More stories.

Additional comments.

7. 1) most valuable thing I learned in the blog is that anyone can start their group project
    2)what I liked more about this blog is you get to socialize on the Internet with people you’ll. Prob never meet
    3) this had no effect on my course
    4)it felt like another yahoo we have to much competition
    5)something unique and original
    6) happy end of semester =D

8. What is the most valuable thing you have learned in this blog?I’ve learned how diverse people’s minds are. I was able to learn from different blogs.
    What did you like the most about the blog?I liked how involved people were and did their research. Meaning by adding sources for me to look upon.
    How did this impact your course? I was able to meet more peers that were involved in the same major as me.
    Is there anything you don’t like about this blog? Why? The only thing is that I tend to receive too many emails from open lab.
    What themes would you enjoy in a similar blog? Political related blogs, since now we’re dealing with so much.

9. 1.The most valuable thing i have learned in this blog is the important and fascinating topics kids have been posting as climate change.
    2.What I like the most about the blog is that I got a better understanding of the kids that go to city tech.
    3. This impacted my course by allowing me to be more concentrated and committed to my work , and I’ve learned how geometry us used in chemistry .
    4. there isn’t nithubg wring with the blog it should. They should have an apo for this .
    5.Themes I would enjoy or we should discuss is more on sports because most kids like sports and it brbgs kids together .

10. 1) The most valuable thing I learned from this class is the power of the internet and how much it can connect people by communication.
    2)The thing I like the most Is that people can share their opinion in every topic that has posted by the other members
    3)Its part of my grade
    4)The message notifications
    5)The theme that just happened

11. The most valuable thing I learned this semester from this blog is, reading interesting articles, which I learned new things from and being more social.
    What I liked about this blog is reading interesting articles.
    The thing I hated about this blog was every time anyone posted any thing I would receive and email I hated that, but I leaned u can stop the emails from coming.
    The theme I think people should talk about is climate change. I feel like our planet is being affected and some people don’t care.

12. 1 . The most valuable thing I have learned in this blog is how to help each other and be more closer and get more ideas from other people as their opinions.
    2. What did I like he most about the blog is thAt we all connected to each other in many ways and share our opinions in each other posts.
    3. This blog impact my math course because I learned a lot in this blog and could ask any questions and get the answers from each bloggers.
    4. There is nothing I disliked about the blog
    5. I would recommend this blog to anyone

13. 1 . The most valuable thing I have learned in this blog is how to help each other and be more closer and get more ideas from other people as their opinions.

14. 1) What is the most valuable thing you have learned in this blog?
    I learned more about life events and seen things from different perspectives.

2) What did you like the most about the blog?
    I liked that every post is unique and interesting .

3) How did this impact your course?
    It impacted my course because it makes the class engage outside of just class.

4) Is there anything you don’t like about this blog? Why?
    The only thing I disliked is that it gives my email too many messages.

5) What themes would you enjoy in a similar blog?
    I would enjoy more stories because they’re interesting.

Additional comments.
    This was a fun experience and the blog made it better

15. -I can read some interesting and valuable articles and ideas here.

-I like reading and sharing the interesting article.

– Receive too much emails, it is much better just to send once a day.
    -Protect the environment and share useful ideas

16. 1. The most valuable thing I learned from this blog was the different ways to melt ice and the different shapes of snowflakes. Those kept my interest the most.
    2. What I liked the most was reading everyone’s view pertaining to vaccinations. It showed that we are able to speak about things where people think differently without argument.
    3. This didn’t really have an impact on the course because nobody spoke much about math specifically
    4. There is nothing that I didn’t like about this blog.
    5. More unique stories about yourself
    6. No additional comments

17. 1.The most valuvable thing I learned from this blog, is the discussion and information of different topics and what you can learn from others.
    2. The thing I liked the most is the topics and the community.
    3. Mainly knowing that part of it was for a grade.
    4. There is nothing I disliked.
    5. More topics about technology.

18. 1) One thing I found valuable about the blog is the posts about the environment, energy and climate change. Also I read other people’s comments and I was impressed in their thoughts and ideas.

2) One thing I like about the blog was their was useful information and posts about climate change. I like that this project can help us interact with each other.

3) Well, knowing part of my grade was based on the project. I also plan on doing chemistry next semester so they might ask me to do a similar project.

4) No, Not really I think the blog is useful.

5) I like to see more themes in technology and science, something that has a lot of interest in.

6)No Comment.

19. 1. The most valuable thing I have learned from this blog is how climate change is affected by our actions & the different ways to counteract the affects of climate change on us.
    2. I enjoy learning from different students outside of my class.
    3. This impacted my course by allowing me to learn how algebra/trig relates to many current events.
    4. The one thing I don’t like about this blog is having to write in it every week because I don’t always remember.
    5. Themes I would enjoy is if rather than focus the whole blog on climate change, students are allowed to choose a topic of their choice so other students remain interested.
    6. No comments.

20. 1. The most valuable thing i learned from this blog was the importance of reading extra materials as entertainment because it relives you from school stress.

2. I like the diversity. So many people with different inputs on a bunch of topics that was very interesting.

3. It made the student relationship stronger and i felt like i had more resources in my classes.

4. I didn’t like the fact we had to sign in a webpage to access, they should make an app.

5. Themes about current on going things like like inventions and whats going on in the world.

6. I highly recommend that every student participates in class blogs .

21. 1)The most valuable thing I learned in this blog was the different types of interesting articles.
    2) What I like about this blog is that if you need help with anything, people would always comment and give their opinion on anything
    3)This impacted with my course because more people started to interact with each other
    4)I don’t dislike anything about this blog
    5)The themes I would enjoy in a similar blog is about the environment or climate change
    6)No comment

22. 1. I learned other people ls understanding on global warming, the school system, etc.
    2. I like that was very similar to social media such as student being able to interact woth eachother
    3. Helps bump up my grade
    4. I dont like that many times we just talk about irrelevant things (not math related).
    5. I would enjoy a technology theme
    6. I would like for this to be more math related so i can find this more helpful

23. 1) the sense of community that this site created!

2) All the thoughtful comments.

3) This helped me contextualize my chemistry coursework a lot!

4) At first I didn’t understand how to change the email settings, so I got A LOT of notifications about this blog.

5) I would love more conversation about the work/research being done at City Tech… some of the interesting projects by students and faculty!

24. 1) The most valuable thing that i learned from this blog was the importance of reading extra material.
    2)I like the community of this blog
    3)The way that is impacted my course was learning about new topics.
    4)I like everything about this blog
    5) I would like for the blog to be more related to Math so it could be more helpful.

25. 1. The most valuable thing that I learned from this blog is that everyone has their own opinions about certain things and it was awesome reading different comments and seeing each other’s points of view.

2. The thing I like most about this blog is that I get to share my own opinion about different topics.

3. This didn’t have no impact on my courses but it did help me relieve some stress by getting my mind of the actual course.

4. There is nothing that I dislike

5. No additional comments

26. 1. I learned a lot about different viewpoints from looking at all the different kinds of things people posted about and the comments people made in response to posts.

2. I like how easy it is to make a comment for posts or discussions on this site, all you have to is click the reply button, type out your reply, and then click another button to post it.

3. The main impact this had on my course was giving me something to look at besides math problems, I’m in the Math class that took part in this project.

4. My only real complaint about the this project is that the discussion section went underutilized, everyone posted in the blog section so I had to scroll down and look through everything if a lot of topics were posted at the same time. And I guess being in the Math class I was expected a bit more Math related stuff, but that’s not a big deal.

5. I’m interested in a wide variety of things, it’s kind of difficult to focus on one to use for a semester long blog, but maybe a blog about multiculturalism would be nice.

6. A couple of people above are complaining about getting too many e-mails related to this, maybe next time that option should be off by default for one of these projects, or someone should instruct students on how to turn it off themselves. And like I mentioned before, the discussions section should be utilized more, and maybe teachers could explain how to do that.

27. What is the most valuable thing you have learned in this blog?
    The most important thing I learned in this blog is how climate changes affects our environment and some methods how we can save the environment.
    What did you like the most about the blog? I appreciate that how much people people care about the environment and nature. Its very beautiful and a sign of hope.
    How did this impact your course? It made my course more fun since I enjoyed reading these posts.
    Is there anything you don’t like about this blog? Why? Maybe some posts exposing the corruptions in government and corrupt politicians.
    What themes would you enjoy in a similar blog? Theme of corruption in governments.
    Additional comments. None.

28. 1.) I was able to connect with other students from other courses. I love hearing other opinions since some students have great ideas.

2.) I enjoyed reading the posts of other students. I was interested to what they had to say.

3.) I was able to look how other courses are doing. English and Chemistry posts were very interesting to me. Some post may have inspired me to possibly take Chemistry.

4.) One thing I didn’t like from the blog was how difficult it was to navigate. I would easily get lost at some points. The platform should be much simpler.

5.) I would love to have a Astronomy theme added to the blog. It would be fun and interesting to see what other students have to post in that course.

6.) No additional comments. Thank you so much!

29. 1.) I was able to connect with other students from other courses. I love hearing other opinions since some students have great ideas.

30. 1. The most valuable thing I learned in this blog is that even though we may all have different opinions about anything, it is always a great idea to listen to what others have to say. In this blog I was able to learn new things from people.
    2. What I liked most about this blog is the fact that even though we don’t know one another personally, we were still able connect through everyone’s posts; They were always interesting.
    3. This project helped me understand other courses; for example even though I took English already; it is one of my favorite subjects and I was still interested in what people had learned in their courses.
    4. The one thing I disliked about this blog was actually getting used to finding the posts to comment. I’ve never used open lab and it was a bit difficult to get around.
    5. I would love to read more about perhaps if possible 1) Marine science and 2) Astronomy would also be interesting.

31. 1) The most valuable thing I learned in this blog is communication, having a community online, and learning about environment change.
    2) The blog gave me new topics to learn from and talk about things that I never thought of before.
    3) This was 5% of my grade and quite honestly, a easy 5%.
    4) The blog is straight forward. I couldn’t find this post, took awhile.
    5) A theme I would like to read more about is the government.
    6) Excellent teacher.