free write turning point in education:

In 4th grade i had been told i had a reading/learning dissability. the next year in 5th grade, i would have to go to a different room with a couple other kids, i think everyday. we would get spelling lessons and grammer practice, stuff like that. pretty much extra help/resourse. i didnt really understand what was going on when i had to leave the class room, bt i felt out of the loop. but i did enjoy it, on fridays we would play reading games and earn prizes. but it did ake me feel left out. i remember spesifically i had to take a reading test while everyone i the grade got “the talk” and i missed half of it and had to come in half way through and i was so embarassed. from that point on it wasnt that bad. 6th grade through 8th grade was pretty much the teacher there helping you with homework from other classes, and those teacers telling you what you need to work on, but i made some friends in resourse and actually had fun, and my reading skills got a lot better and was on track with everyone else. in 9th grade it was my last year of resourse, ever, and with my best friend. i had realized at that point that i wasnt even really asking my reosurse teacher for help, well not often. and then twoards the end of the year i found out that i wasnt going to have resourse next year, and i was devestated. i felt like i would have no help at all going foward, and i was terrified. but i did it, and the next year i didnt have resourse, and i was completly fine. i just felt off. but i felt a little better because for the rest of high school i had time and a half on all tests, finals or regents, so that made me feel a little more more comforatable. since then i think i have been fine with reading, i just have to usually read the passage a second time because by the time i read the questions, i forget all the details and i do read i think slower than others. about a year ago i was looking at my told report cards from elementary school, and i just saw the drop in my grades in mid 4th grade and it shocked me.