I have always liked the poetry aspect of English class. I love it when a teacher gives the option to write a poem for an assignment over writing a paragraph. I would love to write a lot of poetry in this class. I feel as if i can get my words, thoughts, feelings, etc. on paper.. or on computer screen much more easily through poetry than i could ever through writing a couple paragraphs. My point is that i would much rather fill up a page with poetry than fill it with a bunch of sentences. As for topics, movies and books on movies is always more interesting to write about, especially if the book or movie was not only read/watched in class but also decided upon by the class.

I actually do not remember my last English class as it has definitely been at least a years since i have been in one but what i do remember is like i said earlier, loving the poetry aspect of the class. I also recall being most interested when the assignments are based around a book we read together and what my teacher would actually do is read aloud horror fiction books in class and post the audio of him reading on youtube so we could read along with him. We would do assignments based off the books and then watch a long clip or even the whole movie the day after the book was done and the assignments were turned in.