when I was in High School, I used to have bad anxiety towards a lot of things. For example school work, when it came to speaking to people, tests, and even preparing for college. And because of this I was not doing the best when it came to making certain decisions. Then one day my dad told me the word “ameliorate”. I asked him what this word meant and he proceeded to explain the definition. He told me that the word ameliorate meant to make something bad or unsatisfactory better. This word has stuck with me ever since my dad told me this. Everyday when I went to high school I would write this word down in my note book and really try to do my best in everything that I attempted.

When I went to school my anxiety would progressively get better. I was getting better at getting my work done, when someone came up to me to have a conversation I would be able to speak to them without getting nervous, I started passing all my test and making better decisions. when I got into college I used the same process that I used in high school. I wrote the word “ameliorate”, at the top of my note book everyday. My first year in college went great. I went through every task I went through with a great mindset and was eager to get everything done.  By the end of my first year I finished with a 3.0 GPA which I didn’t think would happen if my dad never told me that word. The word means so much to me that hopefully one day I will have the opportunity to use it to help someone out that is going through something. Thanks again to my dad for changing my life in the best way.