See your syllabus for the reading assignments.
Prof. Bear Dallis
Visit my profile page to learn more about me, my teaching, service, and scholarship.
Visit me during office hours in Zoom 2-3pm Fridays.
- Tips for Renting a Car AbroadHitting the open road can be a memorable way to explore a country, but it comes with potentially expensive hazards. Here’s how to navigate some of them.Eric A. Taub
- Skating on ‘Wild’ Ice in AlaskaWhen a two-week, high-pressure window of cold, clear weather froze lakes south of Anchorage, adventurous skaters, including our writer, were ready.Elaine Glusac
- In Search of Frederick Douglass and Harriet Tubman in Rochester and Auburn, N.Y.On a snowy trip to Rochester and Auburn, N.Y., a writer explores the cities that Frederick Douglass and Harriet Tubman called home.Shayla Martin
- How Flight Attendants Fought Back Against Sexism in the Airline IndustryDecades ago, “stewardesses” earned less than men, couldn’t get married or gain weight, and had to retire at 32. A key figure in a landmark lawsuit looks back at a not-so-golden era.Liza Weisstuch
- Facial Recognition in Airports: Biometrics Technology Is ExpandingBiometric technology is expanding at airports across the United States — and the world — and transforming the way we move through them, from checking a bag to boarding the plane.Christine Chung