Project 2 and 3 – Kimberlee Rios

Thesis:

The concept of protective medical gear, in particular masks, helping prevent the transmission of disease took a while to be fully understood. The history of how surgical masks came to be helps explain why masks play a critical role in our modern COVID-19 affected world.

2 thoughts on “Project 2 and 3 – Kimberlee Rios”

1. Hi Kimberlee!

I know your sketches were the hot topic last class so I’ll make a really quick comment. I like your topic a lot! I think seeing the progression of the way we protected our faces is always super helpful. Hopefully in the future masks will be just as cool as Darth Vader (May the 4th be with you).

I think the sketches in the middle column is interesting to look at – especially the center one since its literately guiding my eye around. The topic is clear and I love the hierarchy for all of the sketches. Good job!

2. Hi Kimberlee,
    When you discussed this topic in class last week I thought it was a strong concept to talk about. The progression to when the mask was used before and used now; since your topic was explained a lot especially because of whats going on now in the world. I think you should maybe add a diagram or a timeline to show the masks from different pandemic period or virus outbreaks that occurred if you haven’t added that yet.