Professor Michals

Final Proposal

Topic: It is about large-scale photographs incorporating architectural elements and sweeping natural and urban views. Genre: of photography interests me and I’d like to explore is the street photography. This is a big challenge to myself because a question is how I can make those famous places be more interesting. This might be large scale print (90×30 maybe). Honestly, I don’t know the purpose will it serve in my portfolio and how it will highlight my conceptual thinking, my design sense, my lighting skills yet but I feel very optimistic about this project. 

Subject: Literally, I’ll be photographing the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan skyline (B&W) daytime and nighttime, lower Manhattan skyscrapers and Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge Tower and Cables, Manhattan’s cityscape from Soho vertical and horizontal. 

Style: It will look like commercial use in editorial, display, and advertising campaigns. I will use panoramic photographic style to communicate the love of the city where my family and I are here for nine years now since we moved from another country. Anyway, my point is trying to show large-scale photographs incorporating architectural high buildings and city views. This is also the another looks at our city.

One example and one image with my description.

This view is an ultra high definition panoramic cityscape photo of Midtown Manhattan as seen from Soho, New York. This photo can be up to 90 inches wide.

Lighting: I will light it as this will be day and night in my project

Link to my Milanote Mood Board:

https://app.milanote.com/publish-preview/1NLHzR16lGG45M

1. rmichals

I can’t see your mood board. Can you send me the photos to my email?

Take a look at the work of Jeff Liao specifically the section of his website under the title new York. Some of his panoramas are exquisite.

How are you going to create these panoramas? If you have a tripod. Shoot the panorama using a tripod and then use photoshop to stitch them together. Try looking for a youtube video on panoramas.