Robin Michals | COMD 1340 Photography 1

HW 8: Final Project Statement and Mood Board

I planned that the subject of my final photography would be an owner and his/her pet. Because after the COVID, many of my friends started to have a pet, I also have a cat and a dog. I want to show the close relationships between pets and pets, as well as between pets and people. I plan to go to a different dog park every weekend so that I can capture some of the interactions between dogs, the moments of interaction between different owners and their dogs, and the interactions between owners and their dogs. I will also ask people in the community group in the community where I live if they would like to let me take pictures at home. This can show the quiet time of cats and dogs at home, and also show the warmer moments between owners and pets. My shooting schedule was for the weekend and I knew my average doggy chances would be in the afternoon. I might also go to a friend’s house at night. Or take pictures of cats sleeping when the sun is shining. I will use shutter speed, focus, portait, and I will also try shooting from different angles, etc.

1. rmichals

I love the idea of photographing pets and their owners. I would stick to one idea-either pets and their owners or just the pets. This would be 10 pets/dogs and owners. See if you can get three the first week.I don’t think you will have a hard time getting people to agree to this. Especially if you offer to share the photos with the owners.

The advantage of shooting outside in the day in the dog park is that there will be enough light. It can be really dark inside people’s homes.

You probably want to think about shooting with shallow depth of field so that the background is blurry. Change your shutter speed so your aperture can be f/4 or f/5.6 or as wide as your lens can open.

And just for fun, google William Wegman dogs. For whatver reason, his dog photos are not on his website.