Robin Michals | COMD 1340 Photography 1

final statement and mood board

In this project, I propose to document the daily lives of my roommates as they navigate their routines while attending City College. Through photography, I aim to capture the essence of their everyday activities, emotions, and interactions, offering a glimpse into the multifaceted experiences of college students. Focusing on my roomate , makayla and her peers at city college. Through this project, I aim to create a visually compelling representation of student life at City College, offering viewers a glimpse into the everyday experiences of college students. By documenting my roommates’ routines, activities, and emotions, I hope to evoke empathy, reflection, and appreciation for the ordinary moments that shape our lives.

photos from Kids (1995) and Mid90s (2018)

1. rmichals

Your roommates and the daily life of a college student is a good topic. I notice that your examples are all outside but I assume a lot of the photos you take will be inside as they are your roommates.

Take another look at Thomas Holton’s The Lams of Ludlow when the kids are college students. He really knows how to photograph in a small space and capture the emotional climate.

https://www.thomasholton.com/work/thelamsofludlowstreetiv