- Class Date: Thurs Oct. 15
- Class Time: 8:30AM-10:00AM
- Class Meeting Zoom https://zoom.us/j/6459468086
Meeting ID: 645 946 8086
- Continue Project 2 – Part 1 Expressive Typography: (four words):
- Bring Ideas into the computer
- Now it is time to interpret your sketches and determine which actual typeface to use. For this part of assignment you can use Indesign or Illustrator
- General Specs:
- 4 pages (one for each word)
- Size: 3.5” x 3.5” square
- Add a 1 pt outline (border around the square)
- Select one Sans Serif Typeface per word (with variations ok)
- Only use black and white.
- Remember that you already know about typeface selection, case (U & LC) and word spacing and must apply those concepts moving forward.
You can consider scale, repetition, overlap, removal of letters or parts of it to create a visual definition of your words. Do not add illustrations.
- Students learn how to interpret their sketches to then make better selections of typeface and software to use once moving into digital environment.
To-Do After Class
- Found Alphabet post
- Type Talk Discussion – Rocco Piscatello Posters
- Expressive Type – Bring sketches into application continue to refine based on crit, at least one initial layout of each word.
• upload those layouts into your exiting project 2 post.
• Create a gallery
Create a Gallery In a Post
Edit a Gallery In a Post