Distance Learning Tools
City Tech Virtual Resources
City Tech Learn Anywhere Link
The OpenLab is City Tech’s open online community. Students, faculty, and staff can sign up using a City Tech email address. Students use the OpenLab for working in courses and projects, student clubs, and portfolios.
- OpenLab Help
- OpenLab Virtual Office Hours for help using the OpenLab
- OpenLab Advice and Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Activate Your Email
To activate student City Tech email, click here.
Accessing City Tech email
Zoom Live Meeting Sessions
Zoom is a video communications medium, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars.
- Class Meeting Zoom https://zoom.us/j/6459468086
Meeting ID: 645 946 8086
- See Zoom Recording note at bottom of this page
- DropBox Link
- Free drop box space form CUNY https://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/cis/technology-services/dropbox/
- Google Drive Link Google account for 15 GB Space
- Fre space for cuny
Software: Adobe Creative Suite
Term-active CUNY students can now download Adobe Creative Cloud applications to their personal devices. Students can go to https://creativecloud.adobe.com and use their CUNY Login username to authenticate and select which Adobe Creative Cloud applications to install.
The student instructions on Accessing Adobe Creative Cloud are available online and will be available from the IT Resources for Remote Work & Teaching page.
- Computer with internet access
- Flash drive (or online storage for your files)
Student Device Loan Request Form
- Department has a limited about of iMacs request through this link to loan.
- Remote Desktop Client on all of the COMD Computers on campus
- Remote login to utilize department onsite computers as a remote workspace, will have Creative Suite this link
- They require a special user login ID
- For students who own a computer, Chromebook, or otherwise but no Adobe and need the apps.
- Remote login into classroom computers 24/7 and use them.
- Students MUST MUST save all work on a cloud solution, Microsoft One Drive (1TB per student), Google Drive, or DropBox.
- Student must NEVER NEVER shut down the computer, only log out.
Microsoft Office 365
To access Microsoft Office 365 (using City Tech email), for online access to the Microsoft Office Suite and other applications: https://login.microsoftonline.com.
Note: Email login (ending with @mail.citytech.cuny.edu) is different from CUNY login (ending with @login.cuny.edu)
Blackboard is the CUNY-provided Learning Management System. You access Blackboard by logging in via CUNYfirst.
Students who participate in this class with their camera on or use a profile image are agreeing to have their video or image recorded solely for the purpose of creating a record for students enrolled in the class to refer to, including those enrolled students who are unable to attend live. If you are unwilling to consent to have your profile or video image recorded, be sure to keep your camera off and do not use a profile image. Likewise, students who un-mute during class and participate orally are agreeing to have their voices recorded. If you are not willing to consent to have your voice recorded during class, you will need to keep your mute button activated and communicate exclusively using the “chat” feature, which allows students to type questions and comments live.