HOW TO USE OPENLAB
The OpenLab is City Tech’s open online community. Students, faculty, and staff can sign up using a City Tech email address. Students use the OpenLab for working in courses and projects, student clubs, and portfolios.
- OpenLab Help
- OpenLab Virtual Office Hours for help using the OpenLab
- OpenLab Advice and Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adding a Post:
- In the WordPress Dashboard, click on the tab Posts > Add New to create a new post
- Add a title in the title box at the top.
- Add an image (Add > Media) or formatted written content using the Post Editor.
- Add the relevant Category (choose from the existing list).
- Click Save Draft for later or click Publish to publish immediately.
How to create an image for web usage
Most digital cameras and phones are likely to be set to take images that are vastly larger than a user of a computer screen is likely to need
- Optimize a JPEg. A JPEG is the standard format for compressing photographs.
- Open an image and choose File > Save For Web.
- Choose JPEG from the optimization format menu.
- Specify the compression level: Choose quality option medium from the pop‑up menu under the optimization format menu. The higher the Quality setting, the more detail is preserved in the optimized image, but the larger the file size.
- View the optimized image at several quality settings to determine the best balance between quality and file size.
- Select Progressive to display the image progressively in a web browser; that is, to display it first at a low resolution, and then at progressively higher resolutions as downloading proceeds.
- To save your optimized image, click OK. In the Save Optimized As dialog box, type a filename, and click Save.