Type Challenges are design assignments and discussions
- Students will reinforce the typographic principles of the course through observation and critiques of current
- Challenges are paired with projects and course assignments thought the semester. They are structured to be completed in class within specific time and design guidelines.
In The Land of Punctuation.
by Christian Morgenstern (Author), Sirish Rao
Rathna Ramanathan’ art
- Select one of these layouts from the publication you feel is most effective layout and creative use of punctuation marks.
- Make a screen grab
- Place file in InDesign
- Recreate with DIFFERENT marks
- Work 30 minutes
- Get a sense of the work, you will not be able to exactly reproduce just try to get a sense of the work in that time frame
- Make doc 4″x4″ Save your work as single jpg “lastname first name LP”
- Create a new post named “Last Name_First_Name_ TC_LP
- Give it categories “Student Post Type Challenge” “Type Challenge – Land of Punctuation”
- Comment on at least one other students work. Try to give your assessment in terms of what is working or not clear. “loving or “liking” or “being blown away” by work is OK but not helpful. What and why the work is successful and what is not working is key in refining and improving work.
- Specified time or 11:30PM the night before next class
- Add assignment resources or readings