My life as an Undocumented Immigrant (Response) Linneth M

For us immigrants, coming to an unknown place with an unknown language and unknown people it’s certainly terrifying, especially in a country in which you are not wanted or understood. Jose Antonio Vargas tells us his story and a thousand other immigrant’s in his essay “My Life As An Undocumented immigrant” in which he explains the struggles a foreigner goes through when trying to find a better life in a country like America. Language is always the hardest part of immigrating and the way Jose Antonio Vargas made an effort to improve and grow to the point of becoming a writer is definitely something to admire. I believe that the challenges we face shape us as persons and in his case as writers.

1. Rebekah Coleman

Dear Linneth, I really like how you make the personal connection between the text and the experience of so many immigrants. For example, I like how you write: For us immigrants, coming to an unknown place with an unknown language and unknown people it’s certainly terrifying, especially in a country in which you are not wanted or understood. Jose Antonio Vargas tells us his story and a thousand other immigrant’s in his essay “My Life As An Undocumented immigrant” in which he explains the struggles a foreigner goes through when trying to find a better life in a country like America.” Thanks!