- Read the Week 15 PowerPoint!
2. Due WED, Nov. 2nd FINAL PROJECT 3! https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ckDF6vSoKLJ0k1TG2BJPOM6PfXjQBfe4y-cvh_lo9og/edit?usp=sharingAll make up work due as well!
- Read the Week 14 PowerPoint! Revise and Edit your Project 2 Drafts! https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Qh4bMh8urU5LT0qLAe3686OXHPgAyr0-sdyiOOG9DTI/edit?usp=sharing
Once you send me your DRAFTS, I will send you back my comments ASAP. Then revise and FINAL version (Persuasive Piece + Artist’s Statement) Due Dec. 2nd.
2. Catch up on ALL missing work!
- Read the Week 13 PowerPoint. If you are NOT on Zoom, complete the activities on the Week 13 Discussion Section of Open Lab. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1LLlRzQpIvJAv4N1PUcjeQfr8VILdkBNxP0ADHkv2j-0/edit?usp=sharing
- Draft of Project 3 DUE Wed. Nov. 18th. If you need an extension, email me.
- Read “Backpacks vs. Briefcases” by Laura Carroll and write a response to the questions on OpenLab. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BWTlBhrEn-1yHs4-UjY9qvNoCTIkrIUJ/view?usp=sharing
- Read the Week 12 PowerPoint. If you are NOT on Zoom, complete the activities on the Week 12 Discussion Section of OpenLab. Week 12 PowerPoint: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1tG5JjFVFznpSg-xRaeEDieo2JfrZilsSKVqBduqvSJo/edit?usp=sharing
- Read the Week 11 PowerPoint. If you are not on Zoom, complete the activities on the Week 11 Discussion Section of OpenLab. Week 11 PowerPoint: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1HzdL9lFo2c_359NEz0GrQ9DCF69Bwo5ke2HIEO-KL8o/edit?usp=sharing
2. Read “Reflective Writing and the Revision Process: What Were You Thinking” by Sandra L. Giles due Monday, Nov. 9th. Write your response to the questions on on Open Lab: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13sIdyP1SLrxMX5dNKf-6DBR3QgPIyaU6/view?usp=sharing.
3. Write a description of selected genre, reason for choosing genre (audience/ purpose), discussion of elements of genre (what must be included), and limitations or constraints of genre. Wed. Nov. 11
- Read the Week 10 PowerPoint. If you are not on Zoom, complete the activities on the Week 10 Discussion Section of OpenLab. Week 10 PowerPoint: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/16WIXJ8-FGNJNUkqlkKak2b5MG7oaB-t20GVwmNFEbYs/edit?usp=sharinghttps://docs.google.com/presentation/d/16WIXJ8-FGNJNUkqlkKak2b5MG7oaB-t20GVwmNFEbYs/edit?usp=sharing
- FINAL Project 2 Due NOVEMBER 2nd.
- Unit 2 Reflection Due NOVEMBER 4th.
- Read the Week 9 PowerPoint and if you are not on Zoom, complete the activities on the Week 9 Discussion Section of OpenLab. Week 9 PowerPoint: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1pCWJl1bdLUNaG2qA7NGddSshj6QxFaiFWGCjjo1SMuI/edit?usp=sharing
- Draft the final 2 rhetorical analysis due Monday, October 26th.
- Read “Popular Culture Is Killing Writing” by Bronwyn T. Williams and write a response on OpenLab. Due Monday, Oct. 26th. https://drive.google.com/file/d/10sCSbfWxGFle_uMOlhjePpUoX3a1ukNv/view?usp=sharing
- Read the Week 8 PowerPoint and if you are not on Zoom, complete the activities on the Week 8 Discussion Section of OpenLab. Week 8 PowerPoint: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/19B5rbwV0NBPih22XpzDVgcgxEeNr84TUvQfeADevV-8/edit?usp=sharing
- Find ALL 4 Sources for Project 2! Add them to the Google Doc (see below)
- Draft of 2 rhetorical analysis due Wednesday, October 21st
- Prepare to present your research on Mon. Oct. 19th either during synchronous class meeting or on this Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c9nbaC7zaurh2bwEr1kw9WsD0mO23gx7IE2PjPcMb8U/edit?usp=sharinghttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c9nbaC7zaurh2bwEr1kw9WsD0mO23gx7IE2PjPcMb8U/edit?usp=sharing
- Find at least 2 sources on your topic. Remember, you must have 4 different genres of sources.
2. Write a free write on your topic. Write it on Open Lab on the Discussion Page under Week 7. It should be between 100 and 250 words.
3. Review the Week 7 PowerPoint and if you were NOT on Zooms this week, write your responses to the Activities on the Discussion Section of OpenLab. Week 7 PowerPoint: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/16FeqbIRXGHeJR4PPt1IAL9PTca6KOhkv28nOW09F7Dg/edit?usp=sharing
- Choose Your Topic. Write a description of why you found your topic interesting, what you hope to learn. Write your response on The Google Doc sheet titled Our Class Topic Choices: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c9nbaC7zaurh2bwEr1kw9WsD0mO23gx7IE2PjPcMb8U/edit?usp=sharing
- Read “Is Google Making Us Stupid” by Nicholas Carr and write response on OpenLab.
- Review/ Read the Week 6 PowerPoint and Complete the Activities. If you are completing the work asynchronously, please post responses on the Discussion Page. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10_mD9cRLNyjtg8-0kKnjsZczEaIHCrL7X7RTivbpHaI/edit?usp=sharing
- Record Your Research Questions on the Research Question Handout: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XLqrht6F6hzrgf3UJlYWSL6Mg3JdANCR/view?usp=sharing