ENG 1101 O156, Fall 2020 Coleman

active 1 year, 8 months ago
ENG 1101 O156, Fall 2020 Coleman
English
ENG 1101

Welcome to English 1101! This course focuses on writing both short and long pieces in many different genres on a range of topics. We will learn basic research techniques that include using the library, how to choose accurate and credible sources, and how to evaluate, synthesize, and analyze the sources with a critical lens. We will (re)discover key writing techniques and strategies to make our writing stronger and more effective. We will engage with traditional texts and multimedia sources as a guide for our writing, a source of information, and to generate stimulating classroom conversations. Throughout the course, we will also frequently pause to reflect on the writing process and what we have learned so far. The course culminates with a revised portfolio of all your finished work and will consist of at least 6,000 words. Don’t panic! It will include a combination of your favorite low-stakes writing assignments, some of our shorter writing pieces (composed both in class and at home), our culminating writing assignment and a final reflective piece.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Rebekah Coleman

Laura Carroll- Backpacks vs. Briefcases

Examples of rhetoric I see on a daily basis are on news channels and social media platforms […] See MoreLaura Carroll- Backpacks vs. Briefcases

Backpacks vs. Briefcases by Laura Carroll

Backpacks vs. Briefcases: Steps towards Rhetorical Analysis by Laura Bolin Carroll, talks about […] See MoreBackpacks vs. Briefcases by Laura Carroll

On the daily basis I usually see many examples of rhetoric such as YouTube advertisements, news […] See MoreBackpacks vs. Briefcases by Laura Carroll

Comment on "Week 9 Reading Response"

I am glad that you think that popular culture helps strengthen writing! Thanks for sharing your response! See MoreComment on "Week 9 Reading Response"

Comment on "Reading Response Week 11"

Excellent! I love that you focused on the importance of the cover letter and the role that it […] See MoreComment on "Reading Response Week 11"

Comment on "Reading Response Week 11"

I am SO glad that you found this piece not only interesting but also possibly helpful. I like that […] See MoreComment on "Reading Response Week 11"