Backpacks vs. Briefcases by Laura Carroll

On the daily basis I usually see many examples of rhetoric such as YouTube advertisements, news articles, and instagram post that influencer promote. In this article Laura Bolin Carrol stated how we create these rhetoric when we buy clothes we intend to use it for an occasion and how these clothes will look when we wear it or how we can impress someone if it’s a date. A way of me using rhetoric would be when I’m trying to ask permission to go out I have to persuade my parents to letting me out. In other to do this I provide them with good examples such as me getting home on time, telling where and who I’m going with and lastly how they should trust me. My audience were my parents. This piece of writing was intended mostly for people that already read Laura Bolin Carroll and want to continue learning about writing pieces and how to analyze rhetoric writing. This article made me realize that rhetoric is seen in daily life mostly everywhere.

1. Rebekah Coleman

Dear Jacqueline,

I love the examples of rhetoric that you provide! Convincing your parents to let you go out is definitely a great use of rhetorical skills! It is clear that you have an excellent understanding of rhetoric!

Warmly,

Rebekah Coleman