Log #02 Time is ticking

Time was ticking I was applying but not getting anywhere near the results I wanted. I’m very appreciative that our school’s open lab course page for internship was very helpful in the search. Although I wasn’t finding exactly what I was looking for it gave me a sense of direction to where I wanted to go. It opened up my eyes to the many job title that are out there. Even though my classes at city tech prepared me to wear many different hats but ideally you would just focus on one hat that fits very well in the workplace.

Working my full-time job and trying to find an internship started to feel overwhelming. There were days when I had to take a break from the computer screen because the worry of not finding my internship by the deadline kept ringing in my head. I realized I needed a break. I decided to go to a pop-up who would’ve thought that an opportunity would cross my paths. At the pop-up for women-owned business, I ended up meeting a woman whose product I fell in love with her story was so inspiring. I decided to pitch myself to her and tell her about how I loved creating content and telling stories for brands. I also told her how I’ve been learning SEO and google analytics to better understand the process of creating the content and getting to the right audience. I asked her she was looking for any interns at the moment and asked if I could send her my profile to look at. At that moment I felt like I was closer to my goal instantly felt a sigh of relief.

I was lucky enough to have a digital portfolio she could look at to see my work and also my thinking process. When I emailed her I let her know that my study focus point was in advertising but I’m looking to switch that with Digital marketing. I was very transparent that I’ve been studying Seo and analytics for different platforms and my goal was to get certified by the end of my semester.