App review log 01

Since technology is a part of our everyday lives I decided to download an app that my professional recommended. The app that I chose to try was Procreate pocket previous before I was using Adobe illustrator for my illustrations. The app was 4.99 on the App Store which wasn’t a bad price for the app. I wasn’t used to drawing on my phone so I wasn’t a big fan. After giving it some trial efforts and messing around with the different strokes. The Adobe procreate pocket has very similar features to Adobe illustrator. After using it for a couple of days I’m like enough I’m gonna download it and another 4.99 to have it on my iPad because that app was very good and I saw the potential. What I thought was great about procreate is that you had the option to save the file as an illustrator file and have the ability to transfer it over to adobe illustrator. When transferring over the file you don’t lose any of your layers everything transfers over the way you had it on procreates platform. I loved procreate so much for my tablet that I must have been talking about it so much that the universe was listening because I ended up coming across a woman who sold brushes through a share of someone I follow on Instagram. The creator of the brushes was a black woman who seemed to want to help people of different ethnic groups have more brush options to create the hair that best demonstrates the look they’re going for. The first brush set I bought from her was to have the texture of curly hair it more correlated to my hair texture of having more ringlets in the curl pattern. The creator did an excellent job of giving American American hair texture in a brush form.

I liked the creator’s work so much that I bought another brush set from her this time it was dedicated to braids which is a brush that would I would’ve had a Gard time recreating myself. Overall I had a good experience with the app and will be using it after the money I invested so far. Through using the app I got to support a small black own entrepreneur on Etsy selling her creative skills. I would recommend this app to any creative to try to step away from adobe illustrator and use something else for a change.