Ethics at the work place

My internship workplace is a small business so everything is sourced in-house. We have designated imagery to use based on the shoots she did with a photographer. To my understanding, after reading AIGA my boss has the right usage to how she uses the images in her branding as long as it doesn’t break the contract she and the photographer made. To My understanding the logo was created by another designer and the usages rights she has is full control to do what she pleases. The artist used to own all copyright to the logo but they signed their rights away to Tasha the business owner of my internship. In regards to non-disclosure with my internship, I didn’t have to sign one. Since I’m working with video content a lot of the time I’m using records I’ve done myself or ones from the videographer that she hires. Since the content I do belongs to her everything has to be approved first before taking anything to the web. Once I give her the content I no longer have ownership over the content and what she does to do with it in the future. Even when editing ugc (user-generated content) I have to be careful in the way that I use the content and reach out to the customer to ask for further permission for resharing on other platforms.

Especially since the realms of influencing have changed and most of them what to be compensated for their content. Influencers now realize their worth that what there giving is valuable and giving freebies is not always the compensation that there looking for. The influencer of today has their usage right with their content that has to be negotiated that aligns with the brand. Luckily I haven’t had to deal with this from any of the customers but it is something to be mindful of for the future.