Log #08 Ecommerce shopping

This week I ended up working on the website. During my internship, I’ve never had to do anything regarding the website except email marketing. My boss was finally ready to connect her business to the Instagram shop. The process to longer than I expect because I was unfamiliar with the platform she used. When I did web for my personal use I’ve used Wix, square spaces, Shopify. My boss was using go-daddy as her host and domain. The GoDaddy subscription which she was using was outdated so we ended pushing the timeline back for when we would get her social media page to become shoppable for her customers. For my eprofile, I use Squarespace as my set designated place to put my work on. Even though it has e-commerce features I don’t use them for my website but it’s also good to be aware of the features they do offer for business for knowledge purposes. Through the process of helping me get the Instagram shop set up. I learned that it is always important to make sure you are keeping up with your website no matter if it’s for personal use or business. having the latest feature and updates to your website help with Navigation as well as overall customer engagement. We live in such a digital world that you have to keep up with the constant changes if you want to continue to grow an audience. With patience and troubleshooting my basic understanding of code I was able to get all the products to be shoppable on Instagram making it easier for the customer to shop while they’re using their Instagram account. Most users don’t want to leave the app if they don’t have to if they can purchase straight through Instagram.