This is one of your very first assignments, and to help you do that, you can go here for a video tutorial and help materials. For this assignment, all you do is introduce yourself, tell us a bit about who you are, give us something we won’t know right away, and include an image… like this…

I put this here because it’s kind of how my brain feels at the moment.

To create a post, click on the circle with the + on the top of the site, then start writing. You’ll have to select a Category (check the gear and go to document to find the list) before you can publish. And then go see who your classmates are.

Me… I’ve been a technical writer, TV writer-producer in Los Angeles, personal essayist, medical writer/editor, writing instructor. I’ve taught not only at CityTech, but also currently at Feirstein Graduate School of Cinema, and have been at UCLA, Portland State University, Chemeketa Community College, the Art Institute of Portland (I swear I’m not the one that put it out of business!), and some I can’t remember. I started life in Texas, moved to Seattle, then back to Houston, then Los Angeles, then Portland OR, and to Brooklyn in 2014 to be closer to my family. I grow herbs in my concrete trench behind my basement apartment, and my cat Button and I hang out there.

Now… your turn!