Here is the tentative schedule. The more complete schedules will be available in each week’s Overview under the Weekly Course Work tab.
Week One 5/28-5/30: Set-up and introductions.
- Video Lesson: go over course materials and scope of course.
- Join OpenLab and post Introduction – due 6/1 at noon.
- Fill out Doodle poll to set up optional class meet-ups.
- Join Perusall and read/annotate the syllabus – due 6/1.
- Join Slack and leave message on #questions-and-comments channel – due 6/1.
Week Two 6/1-6/7: Initial Team Project Activities.
- Optional Zoom meet-up 6/1.
- Video Lesson: How to write a 500-word summary of a technical article. APA formatting. Due 6/9.
- Team Project work: Teams assigned 6/2. Set up communication strategies and workflow processes. Do Individual Assessment sheets, write Group Charter, prepare Task List/Schedule completed, establish scope of research for 500-word Article Summary and assign preliminary research parameters.
- Perusall: Read and annotate assignment titled “Thinking about Writing/Audience.”
- Weekly private OpenLab post due EOD 6/8
Week Three 6/8-6/14: Expanded Definition, Instruction Manuals.
- Optional Zoom meet-ups 6/8.
- 500-word article summary due 6/9.
- Video Lesson: How to write a 750-word Expanded Definition. Due 6/14.
- Video Lesson: How to write an Instruction Manual. Draft due 6/18 and 7/1.
- Team Project work: select words for Expanded Definition assignment.
- Perusall: Read and annotate assignment titled “Proposals.”
- Weekly private OpenLab post due EOD 6/15
Week Four 6/15-6/20: Technical Research Report, Project Elements
- Optional Zoom meet-ups 6/15.
- Draft of Instruction Manual due 6/19.
- Video Lesson: Writing a Technical Research Report. Doing the individual contributions
- Team Project work: Begin work on website, divide up 1000-word contributions to technical report, continue other work per team task list/schedule. Individual contributions due 6/22.
- Perusall: Read and annotate assignment titled “Technical Reports.”
- Weekly private OpenLab post due EOD 6/21
Week Five 6/22-6/28: Project work
- Optional Zoom meet-ups 6/22.
- Video lesson: design and readability, presentations.
- Team Project work: Continue work on website, technical report, and presentation
- Perusall: Read and annotate assignment titled “Design & Readability.”
Week Six 6/29-7/1: Complete project deliverables
- Optional Zoom meet-ups 6/29.
- Video lesson: final deliverables (project website including technical report and presentation), individual collaborative reflection, instruction manual, any other revisions
- Team Project work: complete website due 7/1
- Individual work: collaboration reflection email and Team Evaluation sheet, and any individual assignment revisions due 7/1.