Group Presentations Schedule :
All Group Presentations will take place on Tuesday, 12/7/21, at the beginning of class. Order of Presentations:
4. Nina, Anik, Rachel, Sue
The last significant group assignment for your semester project is a group presentation (there will be one more individual assignment, a reflection on the process, which will be assigned near the end of the semester). I’ll put the details here, followed by an outline of the grading criteria. The presentation is worth 20 points total.
Semester Project – Group Presentation
This is your chance to share your group’s work with the rest of the class. Each group will give a 5-8 minute presentation, including the following items:
- State your conjecture (this should be written down, either on a slide or on the board). Give an explanation, and an example to demonstrate your conjecture.
- If you were able to prove your conjecture, give a proof. If not, describe briefly some of the ideas you had and strategies you tried while trying to prove it.
- Give the class at least one puzzle to work on on their own – a challenge!
- Give the audience a chance to ask questions (either during the presentation, or after).
Keep in mind the following:
- You must include some kind of slides: PowerPoint, Google Slides, Prezi.com, LaTeX Beamer, or other.
- You may decide as a group how to divide up the work, but each group member must present something to class.
- Be aware that you will be asked at a later time to describe your own specific contributions as well as those of each group member.
- Presentations will be given at the beginning of class on Tuesday, 12/7.
Grading Criteria (20 points total)
_____ points (4 possible). Basics. Stay within time limits (5-8 minutes). All group members participate.
_____ points (6 possible). Conjecture. Conjecture is written down. Explanation and example are provided.
_____ points (7 possible). Proof of conjecture or proof process description.
_____ points (3 possible). Challenge the class. At least one puzzle is given for the class to work on on their own.
____ points TOTAL (20 possible)